Monday, July 14

here we go . . .



marina and I are packing up and heading to new york first thing in the morning. here is the little painting she did today to celebrate. a new line of little vogue girls you can find on her etsy store.

they are just adorable, i keep wanting to keep every painting she does. its a mother thing i guess. i have been saving darling art work from my kids for so long it is hard to let any of it go.

curses, i ALWAYS stay up too late packing the night before, but i figure it is a six hour flight. i'll be just sitting there.
i used to live just outside new york city when i was a teenager. i would spend every weekend at the flea markets. i am sure so much has changed. one thing you can count on for sure, tinsel trading, here i come!!

12 comments:

Beehive Art Salon said...

Hope New York is everything you hoped....Marina's work just keeps getting better and better! Have a great time!
amanda

Maija said...

Have a safe and wonderful adventure in NYC!

m i c h e l l e said...

Oh hope you have a wonderful trip Julie! Your Marina is SUCH a talented artist!!! I'm sure your encouragement is so precious to her!!!

Francie said...

so weird. i lurk at both of your blogs (subbed thru bloglines) not knowing of the mother-daughter relationship. :) have a great trip, both of you!

Beth said...

have a safe and wonderful trip - i am so jealous of you getting to go to tinsel - i want to go there soooo bad !!!!!!
xo,
beth

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog, nice handmade creations!, Rose

Anonymous said...

Julie, i would like to give you a brilliant weblog award.You can see it on my blog.
I love your blog!

Gail said...

Julie ~
I absolutely love your work!! You are very gifted!
Gail :)

Vie Chaotique said...

I do love New York. was even born there! I found you through Somerset Living. So glad I have - a lovely blog that I will surely visit again.

Best,

Jeanne said...

You sound like me packing at the last minute. I usually am up doing laundry into the wee hours the night before a trip.
Stop by my blog when you get a chance - I have an award for you.
xo
jeanne

Always Moving Forward said...

I love, love your blog. I discovered it through Somerset Magazine. I was hoping somebody out there could help me with a project I'm putting together for my Dad's 75th b-day. I want to make some type of collage of 25 people's 3 top memories of him. What do you think?

{oc cottage} said...

Love your blog...just found you , can't wait to explore!

M ^..^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...