Thursday, March 29

pastel easter


i ordered some mache eggs from blumchens this year and have been waiting for a time to decorate them. easter is only a week away so time to get busy. this is my first egg in a nest of crepe paper garland.
lots of pastel lovlies to be had this week as the yard sale season has begun again. so many pretty old things, where am i going to put all this stuff?

the easter bonnet i bought for the flowers. tons of the tiny velvet ones that i like to use. the lace dress is the one great grandma wore to aunt peggys wedding 50 years ago. i have the matching hat in a pale hat box shaped in an octagon.

new ribbons from my shopping day on tuesday. had to wrap them up so i could look at them on my desk.
this whole bag of crotchet and tatting threads was $1, the pale blue 3 tier jewelry box was also$1. i feel wonderful about buying this stuff because i know it is going to a good home and i will use it!

i have been thinking today about all the friends i know who are at artfest right now having such an amazing week. i have been to art and soul and loved the whole experience, can't wait to go to artfest next year!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ADORE your easter egg - really darling!

You found some yummy treasures! Lucky girl!

melissa mccobb hubbell said...

Wow.. what fabulous stuff! You really have an eye for putting things together - I love the trims on the blue tag.. perfect!

And that crochet twine! Are you going to crochet or just look at it? (I might just look!:-)

I miss ArtFest too.. hopefully next year we'll both be there..

kristin said...

such wonderful treats! and you photograph them beautifully!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the egg! I'm making eggs right now too! You gota love bargins!!

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

Beautiful mache egg and I love the vintage hat and dress. Wonderful goodies, now if I could only get to my own projects!

Anonymous said...

I know what you are saying about easter, it is almost here so get those eggs done. Happy Conference Weekend....... I am off to the cabin to enjoy the sun and the snow. Love the post it is easter joy!!!!
Candice

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...